Friday, October 21, 2016

"Oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, you never let go.  Every high and every low. Oh no, you never let go. Lord, you never let go of me."

Those words ring in my ear as I return home from a wonderful night with some of my "Posse Girls."  They really know how to keep me straight and God knows how to remind me that His hand is still on me.  How often I forget who I belong to.  I guess that is part of the brokenness.......Forgetting Whose I am. 

Today was good....and sad.  I had a chance to go walking with some friends and I was reminded that I need to suck it up and get busy.  How terribly hard is that when you feel like your soul is missing.  Having to sell everything and move is really difficult right now.  I know that I have to do it but it is so final.  I am so tired of moving.  I want longevity in many areas of my life and I want to be reconnected with my Lord. 

"Life is too short to spend time with people that suck the happiness out of you."  I read that today on a facebook posting.  I totally agree but I keep finding myself in those types of relationships.  Why?  That is probably one of the many questions I have for God.  What about this one, "Lord, why did you allow me to get to this place when I gave my life to you?"  Another good question left unanswered at this point.  Maybe he is allowing me to be sifted.  Not because I am holy or such a good christian.  Maybe it's because I need to see just how weak I am without him.  I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment