Monday, May 16, 2011

Today I will

"Jesus, lover of my soul.  Jesus, I will never let you go.  You've taken me from the miry clay, placed my feet upon the rock....."  Yes!  I feel Him loving me.  From the inside out I feel the love of my Lord this morning.  I love these moments of intense spiritual ecstasy.  Did I say ecstasy in the same breath as spiritual?  I did and I am not taking it back.  It is like no other feeling.  I know that the Lord is with me always but there are those moments when He brings me flowers and pours His anointing oil all over me.  It is amazing.

You may think I am crazy and you are right.  Crazy in love with my Lord and Savior, with my God and King.  Never in my life could I imagine loving someone so much that being in their presence brings me to such a place of humility.  It has even caused me to ask myself and others.  Are you a true believer?  Do you really love God or do you love the idea of God?  Are you willing to sacrifice ALL?  Are you willing to hand over everything God has given you and follow Him?  At first, it seems unrealistic but then remembering all that He has done for me...for you.  How can we say no?  He loves us so much that He would not do anything to hurt us.  We have to trust Him with our lives.

An example of trust for me recently has been school.  I am about to start nursing school next month.  Now I have been accepted already but there are some obstacles that have come up regarding financing.  At another time in my life I would have just thrown in the towel.  Not this time.  I can't.  This is so about trust.  Trusting God to lead me, provide for me and encourage me.  Let me tell you it has not been easy.  There are some things that I have been prompted to do that required great humility.  For me, it is the right season because I have tried to do things my way for so long and failed.  I am in total surrender to God now.  Now, don't be fooled into thinking that I think I have "arrived".  NOT!  In fact, I am so far from arrival that I have had to refuel.

I think of Ephesians 6:10-18 (message bible) And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. 

When we totally trust God and apply His word to every area of our lives then and only then we will find ourselves in places we would of never imagined ourselves to be.  We will see the miracles that we have longed to see.  It is because of our lack of obedience and trust in God that we fall short.  It's because of sin.  I am tired of my sin.  I am tired of living this life of fear.  I know that as long as I reside here in this broken world that as Paul says, "my sin will be ever before me"  but I also know that I have been rescued from the sting of that sin.  All God wants from me is my best and I can be at my best when I abide in Him whether I feel worthy or not.  He didn't say that I had to be worthy.  He said I had to be willing.  Are you willing?

Today, I am going to trust Him and abide in Him all day.  I need a miracle today and tomorrow I will worry about tomorrow.  Everyday I will challenge myself to take a risk and follow by faith.  Everyday I will expect the unexpected.  Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment