Monday, April 25, 2011

Not my will.....

Today is a good day because I am here but it came with more disappointments.  For the past 2 1/2 years my husband has searched for a job with no luck.  Today like many days over the past few years, we waited for some good news about a new job.  I really thought that this was it.  Unfortunately, what I thought was wrong.  My honey just told me they chose the "other guy."  Man was I angry.  My words...."how can that be God?"  Funny, why do we think that we know what God should or would do in these situations.  It wouldn't be called faith if we did. 

In my anger I reached for my Bible because I needed God to give me a word and He did:

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.  It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Hmmm.  Once again He helps me to refocus.  Not my will but Yours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment